Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't O2 reward loyal customers?

CursedyWorsedy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a long-term, "valued" customer, I want this deal that is being promoted via the AO website: https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/handset/apple/iphone-se-3rd-gen?network=o2&upfront_cost=100

Basically, the handset that O2 is promoting on the O2 website is £4 dearer and has 79GB less data. 

If you try to buy this deal o the AO website, O2 will intervene and push you to buy one of their own inferior products.

Why am I being treated like crap by a company I have used for over 10 years?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@CursedyWorsedy O2 abandoned the policy of customer loyalty a long time ago. They said they wanted to treat all customers equally. Take that for what you will.

I suggest you contact mobilephonesdirect and see if you can bypass the O2 promotion:

Frequently Asked Questions | Mobile Phones Direct

You can also lodge a complaint with O2: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5853 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@CursedyWorsedy 

I've no idea why, but customer loyalty seems to count for nothing in the UK in 2023. Martyn Lewis, on his www.moneysavingexpert.com website, often discusses this in the case of telecoms, utilities, home and car insurance, banking - the list just goes on. 

Please let us know what you sort out. Any successful tactics might be of future use to others in their dealings with O2.  

Message 3 of 9

Billymac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Know how you feel been with o2 for 15years+ currently pay for two lines sim only unlimited txts and minutes 5GB of dat on both for which I’m being charged around £35pm decided to see if something better and more reasonably priced ,first comparison site I go to I find o2 offering an even better deal for £8pm per line which is less than HALF of what I’m currently paying. Unless I’m offered that deal I’ll be off asap. Disgusting the way long term customers are treated.

Message 4 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6642 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

I'm on the £8 deal through U Switch. I take out a 12 month deal at the end of March and put it through as an upgrade. Done that 3 times so I've effectively had no tariff increases for 3 years.

You have to learn to play the system 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 9

CursedyWorsedy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I'll check that out. Just had Lebara recommended to me by a friend too. Unlimited calls and texts plus 5gb for a fiver. O2 make me sick to my stomach. I'm gonna recruit the rest of the fam once I'm sorted. N there's no way I'll be stopping at that. 

Message 6 of 9

CursedyWorsedy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I'll check this out. Just been recommended Lebara by a friend too. Unlimited calls and texts plus 5gb of data for a fiver 👍

Message 7 of 9

ari5t0tle405632
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

27m customers rewarding them all is very costly, cheaper to pay to acquire new ones and lose a few on the way. A huge number of their customers stay with them through thick and thin. 

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5853 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@ari5t0tle405632 

Yes, clearly a commercial decision as are the pricing policies of all major businesses.  

Message 9 of 9