cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone think Scotland ends at Glasgow or Edinburg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have just made a call to a very friendly person at O2 about the fact that for 3 weeks we have had no network coverage. I did point out that their website had not been updated since September 2009. However have now been told that it could take up to 5 working days to have somebody to sort the problem out. Is there anybody in the NE of Scotland experiencing the same probs and are you feeling the same as me, ie. just because we live in Scotland have to put up with things?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Look at this watchdog link happens down south as well http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/200 ... phook.html
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you stay near Drumnadrochit? There was a mast that went down there recently cutting off service in the surrounding area, not too sure if it's been fixed yet.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
After posting my last mail, have experienced the following:

First visit - problem with the masts because of bad weather (yes, can understand that).

Second visit - if you have a handset that is either new or too complex (for example the new Iphone) don't expect it to work, weird considering o2 were up until recently the only provider for the new Iphone. Give him his due though, recommeded switching to Vodaphone!

So basically you stay with the brick you had 5 years ago or switch providers!!!!
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Second visit - if you have a handset that is either new or too complex (for example the new Iphone) don't expect it to work

I would imagine whoever you were talking to was referring to using 3G services on the phone, there's generally little to no 3G coverage outside of large cities. You might want to make sure your phone (assuming it does support 3G) hasn't been inadvertently set to 3G only mode, if you have done and are in a non-3G area you will have no signal.
Message 5 of 5