cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does O2 not have an email based support service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If O2 has any email based support service they have hidden it very well! So why don't they have an email support service or give more prominence to the email support service if they have one?  My reasons for demanding this service are both theoretical and practical:

1. I live by selling my time so my time is very valuable.  Yours probably is too.  Therefore I do not wish to be hanging onto the end of a Chat Line waiting for a support person.  I want to post my message and come back later for the reply.
  2. There are times when a Chat LIne is impractical.  At present I am in Kenya and need support but the Internet service I have is flaky and constantly goes down, so I am unable to hold a Chat Line conversation.
  3. Receiving support by text is a waste of time.  My current problem is that I have no mobile coverage in Kenya.  When I tried to log in to my account I could not remember my password.  O2 kindly texted my password to me.  Duh!  How did they expect me to receive the text when I had no mobile coverage?

Dear O2,

At present your on-line support is poor.  You can at least try to improve it by adding an email support service.

Declan Kelly

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93984 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

There is an email support system but it is difficult to find, O2 preferring to point people nowadays to web chat.

Email

Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There would be serious security issues using email to send out passwords and to verify your account, which is why they don't use it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perksie, Thanks for you comment. However we are talking about a support service here, not a service where others have access to your bank accounts etc. I therefore do not see why security should be such a problem. Again thousands of other sites can issue email passwords with few security issues, so why not O2? Regards Declan
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
jonsie, I expect you are correct when you say that O2 have an email support service but I have been unable to find it. Regards Declan
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

declan jonsie gave you the link to the email o2 app in his reply but you will need that password for the account

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i agree, there should be an email option. The online chat is not helpful, once you have used it a few times you realise they say the same thing "with bad english!" each time, so you just get more frustrated and have lost loads of time you were meant to be doing something else. And yes i was told to call 202 on my mobile after i explained for the millionth time that i had no mobile coverage!! I have now written to O2 about the poor coverage on my mobile, still awaiting a response....yet more time wasted? Good luck with your problem. 🙂
Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Perksie, Thanks for you comment. However we are talking about a support service here, not a service where others have access to your bank accounts etc. I therefore do not see why security should be such a problem. Again thousands of other sites can issue email passwords with few security issues, so why not O2? Regards Declan

So use the link jonsie posted, not my choice though and they have full access to your pay mobile account.

Passwords should never be sent out by email as it is insecure.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8