cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do so many customers think the Community is O2 Customer Services ?

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I'm presuming it can't be made clear enough on the initial pages when they register.

Perhaps some ideas are needed to explain a little better the purpose of the Community together with a simple message on the registration page not to post personal details ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

We are reading you and adding all the ideas into a document.

In fact, we hope to be able to come back to you with more information soon.

Thanks! a lot for all the feedback. It is Fantastic We want more!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

imhho the forum has lost a goodly amount of people over the 3.1/2 years I've been a member ... ie ... some of the forum's regular high end knowledge people which the forum needs to keep

I'm not talking about myself ... as ... in my technical questions re: my phone(s) ... & ... say picture posting = readers will gain knowledge

& ah yes, I do go on a rant occasionally ... hands up to that one

But please, please, pretty please do what has been said above ... & ... don't take until the next landing on the moon about it LOL

Message 12 of 44

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

We will do our best Wave As we said, we hope to come back soon to ask you for more feedback so we can improve the forums together, how that sounds? Happy Dance

Thanks @Anonymous for sharing ideas! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
It may be a coincidence but the number of members posting on the Community thinking they are communicating with O2 Customer Services appears to have increased since O2 discontinued the facility to contact by email.
Message 14 of 44

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

That is why we are here! To help them wink I still remember my first time posting, feeling so lost, don't you remember? We will improve the community by working together, I am sure Thinking

And by the way, feedback added Hug Thanks @Anonymous, @gmarkj,@Anonymous, @jonsie , @Beenherebefore for sharing your ideas with us!

Message 15 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS

You posted in this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Changing-number-from-virgin/m-p/1050745#M25057

Perhaps your statement should be the first thing to be seen when a new member clicks on "Register"

{Quote}The O2 Community is a place for you to ask other customers like you, we are not O2 CS I am afraid. 

Please make sure you don't post personal information. Like any other website, the community forums can be viewed by anyone or searched via Google and other search engines. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal details such as phone numbers, address details, email address.{Unquote}

Message 16 of 44

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MercedesS

You posted in this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Changing-number-from-virgin/m-p/1050745#M25057

Perhaps your statement should be the first thing to be seen when a new member clicks on "Register"

{Quote}The O2 Community is a place for you to ask other customers like you, we are not O2 CS I am afraid. 

Please make sure you don't post personal information. Like any other website, the community forums can be viewed by anyone or searched via Google and other search engines. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal details such as phone numbers, address details, email address.{Unquote}

I can't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet. It isn't difficult for an IT team but being outsourced, no doubt O2 is way down their priority list. 

Message 17 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet. It isn't difficult for an IT team but being outsourced, no doubt O2 is way down their priority list. 

As I said in this thread :

"O2 seem to make it so much more difficult than it needs to be."

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Changing-number-from-virgin/m-p/1050745#M25057

I know what it's like working for a large company that outsources key functions......sometimes it feels like you're banging your head against a brick wall when a simple action needs to be taken.

Message 18 of 44

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

hello guys,

It’s your time to shine: Get involved: your thoughts on forum board structure Mexican Wave

Message 19 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Almost one month on from when I started this thread and there are still customers registering on the Community believing they are contacting O2.
Checking on other Lithium Community websites this is not happening on them so it must be how the O2 Community website is structured.
Have O2 discussed this with Lithium ?
Message 20 of 44