cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is an existing customer not an "existing customer&

Anonymous
Not applicable
When is an "existing customer" not an "existing customer"?

Apparently if you have a phone with O2 you're not able to get a new line with iPhone 4: can only upgrade: if you have broadband you can get a new line, however. Having queued twice to get the phone, finally told today that I can't bring more cash O2's way by keeping one line and getting a new one on iPhone. What's the rationale in that?

I'd like to hear from O2 …who make such a fuss of "existing customers" coming first.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't hear from them on here. Its a customer forum, for us customers to discuss things.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
prking - thanks. Wanted to let off steam … will take it up with O2 outside this forum.

sjt
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's possible to have more than one line. Just go into store and take out a new contract, don't even mention your existing line.

Unless I'm mistaken that's what you're looking to do.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks - but the problem is that the iphone 4 is only going to existing customers … catch 22
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
YES FINALLY!!!

Someone in the same situation as me!!!

I hate them. Stupid stupid rule. So we're being punished for being existing customers. So do they not want over another £1000 over the 18 months from me?

Obviously not.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know much about how it all works but could you not upgrade your existing contract to get the iphone 4 and at the same time get a sim only contract for your other phone?
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
YES FINALLY!!!
Someone in the same situation as me!!!
I hate them. Stupid stupid rule. So we're being punished for being existing customers. So do they not want over another £1000 over the 18 months from me?
Obviously not.

It's not a stupid rule at all. I'm sure there many existing customers who are very pleased that o2 have this rule. If o2 had allowed new connections then demand would have outstripped supply by far.
By restricting the iphone 4 to existing upgrading pay monthly customers, pre pay customers moving to post pay and broadband customers taking up an o2 contract and excluding other new connections until after July the overall customer experience will be better.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have taken this up with O2 and apparently they should have allowed a new connection … no iPhones available at the moment though.
Message 9 of 9