cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp - is it for me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is common knowledge here on The O2 Community that I am 'tech challenged' or to put it more nicely a tech novice & a permanent tech novice at that slight_smile

My official carer / now friend has asked if I use WhatsApp? 

I use Facebook / email / text  to communicate with people & some organisations

I'm easily confused Confused & would rather generally not 'over-tech' myself lols

I have Windows phone Nokia 650 lte

Any help / advice would be gratefully received

PS: I notice Facebook owns WhatsApp 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the same as say Facebook you just give your mobile number and able to send message on it pictures and video call and voice calls it uses Wi-Fi or mobile data I use it to send pics as it's free but I'm not to sure if it's on Windows as I knew what's app were only goimgnto concentrate on iOS and Android hope this helps
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
WhatsApp works fine on windows phones and it also will work over WiFi if you have no phone signal, so worth having as a backup if nothing else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Just to clarify, the person you want to text or talk to must have WhatsApp installed as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all above for slightly different reasons

I do want to send pictures

I've decided I'll download it 

Your responses are kind (& knowledgeable) in the sense that they show understanding of my low level aptitude for tech rainbow

Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all above for slightly different reasons

I do want to send pictures

I've decided I'll download it 

Your responses are kind (& knowledgeable) in the sense that they show understanding of my low level aptitude for tech rainbow

Just make sure @Anonymous that the person you want to send pictures to, has it installed as well. I know that's already been said ....but it's pointless if they haven't got it. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just make sure @Anonymous that the person you want to send pictures to, has it installed as well. I know that's already been said ....but it's pointless if they haven't got it. wink

Thank you @Cleoriff ... you know me well with tech as the others above  ^  ^  ^ wink

Message 8 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
And you can group other WhatsApp users together so everyone in the group sees what you send once... Probably a bit of an advanced topic that one though 😛
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:
And you can group other WhatsApp users together so everyone in the group sees what you send once... Probably a bit of an advanced topic that one though 😛

Thank you @pgn

... you're probably right ... = ... a bit of an advancement topic for me ... Cat Tongue

I have downloaded the app ... & ... am happy to see some people whose contact details I did not have before eg from Facebook?

Have yet to use app tho' ... tongue

Message 10 of 14