cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has TECH done for / mean to you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When poorly at home the laptop is my window on the world

Tapping keys or pressing tiles / buttons on my mobile phone is easier for me when contacting someone by phone (eg text or messenger or Facebook) in many cases than contacting people / companies speaking direct to them via a phone or person to person, face to face

I have Raynauds disease in my hands so writing by hand is awkward = even an address on a greeting card is painful & slow ... no pain in using a keyboard

I've made friends here on the community

Had endless help with my portable electronic device(s) ... my damn daft questions have been answered with great knowledge & tolerance & sometimes humour

& 'Put The Flag(s) Out' ... ... ... it's finally become almost 2nd nature for me to use 'Google Is My Friend' ... = ... credit to Mr @Bambino with this ... = ... if anyone is in touch with him, I'd be grateful if you could pass this info on to him please ... ... ... as he no longer posts on the O2 Community ... ... ... I usually come back from the pub with several things to Google when I get home ... of course ... depends upon what I've been drinking ... Cheers ... local pub now does 2 for 1 cocktails 4 to 7pm = not sure about weekends tho' ... whether or not I remember what to Google is another thing LOL

HAPPY TECHING Bouncy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tech?

Well, it means instant x-rays at the dentist.

MRI's in hospital that spotted the cause of my stroke/seizure.

It was used to craft the needles for my injections down to such a fine point and quality that they involve the tiniest scratch that mean less than a prick from a rose thorn.

Tech means I can get my food ordered online and delivered within a specific time period, and the tech used to get the fresh food over from where it/they are grown to my door since I am consigned to a zimmer frame/walker to get about.

Tech means medicines are developed and measured that keep my possibly life-threatening conditions are kept completely in control.

Tech means I can type this message right now.

Tech means I can talk to family and friends next door, or thousands of miles away.

Tech means I can reach forms and amounts of entertainment undreamt of my grandparents.

Tech means my mother is still very much alive and is in the best condition she can be.

Tech wakes me in the morning, controls my automatic lighting in my bathroom, stairwells and the temperature individually in every room in my home - all controllable through the web, through my personal phone/tablet/etc and with digital displays on each controllable item on every radiator.

Tech allows me to command any device connected through a plug socket at home to be switched on or off at command.

Tech lets me see my family when I can't make the journey to them.

Tech may make me poorer in some ways but, on balance, it has enriched my life in ways nothing else could (and to the BB's out there, religion never worked for me - but to each their own).

I could keep this post going on for pages and pages.

Message 2 of 2