cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome from Sky Broadband?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 1st May I received the bulk email from o2 broadband which said I would receive a welcome from Sky "in the next day or so". Over a week later I've received nothing. Am I alone or have they not sent anyone any information about how we will be treated in future? Like the vast majority of o2 broadband customers I read about, I am pretty devastated to be just jettisoned by o2 and handed over to Sky, but what I'm really appalled at is the lack of any info on basic stuff. My hobby is online competitions and I have to enter my email address often months in advance of a closing date. This would be OK if I used gmail but I use my o2 address. I need plenty of notice if my address is going to be changed to a Sky one but so far there has been zilch info from o2 and from Sky!!!

This handover is starting to look very much like when my Wanadoo account was sold to Orange - a total fiasco. There is no way I'll be leaving my phone business with o2 at this rate

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that. I mentioned the possibility of gmail and maybe that IS the way to go, but as I understood it, some competition sponsors didn't allow use of a gmail address, and i wanted to restrict my dealings with Google. I'll check further. After checking through the FAQs I also found the bit about retaining my o2 address for now, but with the 20mb limit later. I just wondered if I was missing something important by not having the welcome email from Sky.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Why not just use a gmail address? That way it wouldn't matter who your ISP was.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think we're all waiting to hear from Sky.

You can carry on with an O2 email address but with a maximum 20Mb storage.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that. I mentioned the possibility of gmail and maybe that IS the way to go, but as I understood it, some competition sponsors didn't allow use of a gmail address, and i wanted to restrict my dealings with Google. I'll check further. After checking through the FAQs I also found the bit about retaining my o2 address for now, but with the 20mb limit later. I just wondered if I was missing something important by not having the welcome email from Sky.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You missed nothing from SKY. I got e mail yesterday welcoming me. Basically it said we will let you know what's happening nearer the switch over? I have noticed a negative already? Mcafee security free on O2. Sky 12 month free then you pay.. 😥😫
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gone with EE and I am allowed to use a non-Orange email address. They don't seem to mind which email address you use including gmail. I am using Bullguard security as it is easily better than Mcafee or Norton and after 12 months with sky you will ditch Mcafee too.

Message 6 of 6