O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Highlighted
Topics: 507

Ways to pay guidelines

[ Edited ]

CONTRACT PHONES

*Direct debit
This is the method which is part of O2 terms and conditions when you take out a contract phone and is certainly most convenient way to pay your monthly bill. Account details are given at start of contract and O2 automatically set up direct debit. Paying via direct debit ensures your bill is paid on time. O2 will email the customer the day after the bill is produced. You can check your bill via My O2

Other payment methods (if no Direct Debit)

*Credit or Debit card

*Over the phone by calling 202, free from your mobile.

*Via your My O2 account at http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

*Or via the My O2 app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2
 Customers have the option of saving cards in their "O2 Wallet" allowing quicker payments of  bills by       selecting the saved card, and entering the relevant security code. https://billing.o2.co.uk/wallet#/dashboard

*Automated Payment Line

Customers can pay using the automated payment line. Dial 2729 from your mobile or call 08005884217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay

*Paying by Cheque

To pay by cheque the customer must:

*Make all cheques payable to Telefónica UK Limited
 *Ensure account number is written on the back (If possible also send a copy of the invoice they are paying).
 *Cheques should be sent to: Telefónica UK Limited, P O Box 756, Camberley, GU15 3SS
 *Cheque payments can take up to 7 days to be processed once received

*Paying via Bank Transfer or BACS (For consumer customers not business)

Customers can contact their bank and ask to transfer an amount of money directly into O2’s account. When requesting the payment through their bank, the customer must include either their mobile number or o2 account number as a reference. This will enable O2 to make sure the payment is applied against the correct customer

*Paying at the Bank

Customers can simply go along to their bank with their bill and their preferred method of payment.

The customer should make the payment to the following bank account

• Bank: HSBC
  • Sort code: 40-02-50
  • Account number: 11245163

*Mobile Banking Apps

Some banks are providing apps which allow you to pay your bill via this route. Customers need to check their own bank to see if this facility is available

*Via My O2 App (from Nov 2015)

New update now allows you to pay your device or airtime plan via the app.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apps/My-O2-updated-7-2-0/td-p/930081

PAY AS YOU GO (PAYG)

*** Although there are various ways to Top up a PAYG mobile, the FIRST top up must be done via a voucher. These are available from any shop displaying a green top up logo or an ATM cash point machine.

*O2 Top-Up line

If you're in a direct dial country, you can call the O2 Top-Up line for free by:

• Calling 4444
  • Using Hotkey 3 on your Pay & Go mobile
  • Calling +441753 552 277 from any phone
  • Calling 03456 062 277 from any landline

If you're topping up from a country that doesn't allow direct dialling, enter *111*# then press the call button. Your mobile will go on standby for a few seconds before it rings.

Answer the call and follow the instructions to access the Top-Up line by dialling 4444#.

*E-Top Up cards

If you have an E-Top Up card, simply:

• Call 248 free from your mobile
  • Enter the 19-digit number on the back of the card
  • Enter the 5-digit PIN under the scratch panel on the back of the card

You'll then get a text confirming that the card has been registered successfully and the credit will be added to your account.

Once you've activated an E-Top Up card, you can use the card to top up your mobile anywhere you see the E-Top Up logo.

*Auto Top-Up

To get started, sign in to your My O2 account and activate auto top-up.

You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. We'll take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.

*Other ways to top up

• Buy a voucher in any shop where you see the green top-up logo
  • Visit a cash machine with the green top-up logo

NB. If you are new to PAYG this is the way to top up first. Please note the voucher will expire after 12 months

*Topping up abroad

If you're off on holiday, it's a good idea to top up your mobile before you leave. But if you need to top up overseas, you can:

• Take an O2 voucher with you
  • Call the O2 Top-Up line and use your credit/debit card (Which needs to be registered to your account)
  • Top up online (we recommend using wifi to avoid data charges)

*Top-up limits

• The maximum amount you can top up your mobile with your credit/debit card is £100 every 30 days
  • There's also a £30 limit per 24 hours. If you've already topped up to this level with a credit/debit card, you'll need to use one of our other methods, like E-Top Up, cash machine or vouchers
  • If you add credit using vouchers, or in your local shop using E-Top Up, you can top up a maximum of £50 at once
  • You can add credit by voucher and E-Top Up as often as you like, and there's no limit to the amount you can top up in a given period of time

http://www.o2.co.uk/topup

*Mobile top up alternative. (Helpful when abroad/struggling with UK based cards)

You can easily purchase O2 top up online via MobileTopup.co.uk and top up your O2 mobile within 1 minute. You select the O2 top up amount, then you check the order and you pay the phone credit using one of the secure payment methods. After payment, you will receive the top up voucher code via email. You can then directly top up your O2 Pay as you Go Plan using the instructions given

http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 426

Re: Ways to pay guidelines

Looks great
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Xperia Z5 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

Level 57: Major

Good guide @Cleoriff but if O2 stuck to their Terms & Conditions and insisted on Pay Monthly contracts being paid by Direct Debit we wouldn't see all the "My phones been disconnected" threads that constantly appear here.

Topics: 62
Kudos: 753

Great stuff, very comprehensive, well done @Cleoriff
iPhone 6s Space Grey 32GB

Samsung Galaxy S3
Topics: 34
Kudos: 32
Ideas: 0

@Cleoriff well done for doing that great guide Smiley Happy
iPhone 6 (on voadafone)

I tell you what...it was far more simple when I could pop this one into my answer...Smiley Wink

(Ways to pay...
Via MyO2 or Call 2729 from your mobile or ring Automated payment line. 0800 588 4217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay.
or Call either 0844 8090202 or 202 from your O2 mobile and choose option 1.3.)

That's what I meant when I said this was 'quite difficult' LOL

*The Game Is On*

Level 12: Nimble

Excellent guide Smiley Happy

At the risk of sounding pedantic though, you might want to edit your post to remove all the empty space below your last entry (I always check the HTML tab before hitting send).

What I have forgotten to say and I apologise...Thanks to every single person who helped with providing all the information I needed  Too many to mention.... but you know who you are.

*The Game Is On*

Ian_ wrote:

Excellent guide Smiley Happy

At the risk of sounding pedantic though, you might want to edit your post to remove all the empty space below your last entry (I always check the HTML tab before hitting send).

It will be done @Ian_ when the final offering is produced/published This is really a draft for comments etcSmiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 62
Kudos: 753

Now was pedantic no nee to change it imo as it can be how the op wishes it to look
iPhone 6s Space Grey 32GB

Samsung Galaxy S3