Did you mean: 

Way to get alerts for new posts

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Afternoon guys,

I'm wondering, is there a way to get an alert of a new help request in certain forums? For instance "products and services, payg pay monthly" it's just so that rather than hanging around for a new post, I could get the alert and rush to the rescue. Bouncy

↑ said tongue in cheek ↑ LOL

Charlie xx

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo wrote:

Afternoon guys,

I'm wondering, is there a way to get an alert of a new help request in certain forums? For instance "products and services, payg pay monthly" it's just so that rather than hanging around for a new post, I could get the alert and rush to the rescue. Bouncy

Charlie xx

Hi!  In My Settings under the heading Subscriptions & Bookmarks/ Email Notifications you can elect to receive notification of "New Topics and articles posted in areas of the Community I subscribe to" -  does this not meet your needs?  If you want notification of EVERY new topic posted then seems that you might have to subscribe to every BOARD available.

Sorry if that is "teaching granny to suck eggs"

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Not that I'm aware of but others may know. I'm sometimes amazed how quick people respond...

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Almost like they are subscribed to every thread or hanging around waiting & refreshing their browser
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

None that I know of. If I am subscribed to a topic I get emails. Otherwise I just have a look...if I am about

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

None that I know of. If I am subscribed to a topic I get emails. Otherwise I just have a look...if I am about

Finished the siesta then....Some of us are struggling to cope with the crush at the the local Connie club LOL

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Finished the siesta then....Some of us are struggling to cope with the crush at the the local Connie club LOL

I did my bit this morning......No need for alerts....they just all came rushing in....and I was alone....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo wrote:

Afternoon guys,

Charlie xx

Hi!  In My Settings under the heading Subscriptions & Bookmarks/ Email Notifications you can elect to receive notification of "New Topics and articles posted in areas of the Community I subscribe to" -  does this not meet your needs?  If you want notification of EVERY new topic posted then seems that you might have to subscribe to every BOARD available.

Sorry if that is "teaching granny to suck eggs"

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Why on earth would anyone need an email every time someone posted on the forum....?
It's not a race to answer (we've had people like that before), it's the quality and accuracy of help and advice that is important and rushing to be first to answer rarely delivers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions