Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: O2 'Keep your number' online form NOT working

psychopomp1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just though I'd let others know that the O2 online form to migrate your number from elswhere (using PAC)  does NOT work, even if you get a confirmation at the end of the process:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

I filled out the above form last Friday morning to move 2 numbers over from EE and provided the PACs online and even got a confirmation at the end from O2. So the numbers should have been transferred today (Mon) but nothing happened. When I called up O2 customer services this evening, they had no record of the migration requests!! Therefore they had to manually process the PAC requests over the phone and now the numbers will be transferred over on Wed...so a 2 day delay. Clearly the online number migration requests aren't being sent to O2, please fix this O2!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@psychopomp1 O2 don't port numbers on the weekend, so beginning the process on a Friday was probably part of the problem. This is a customer community, so there isn't anything anyone here could do to assist you other than direct you to customer service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

psychopomp1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino

I'm well aware that O2 (or any other network for that matter) don't process PACs on weekends. But if the PAC is provided to O2 on Friday before the cut off time of 5pm then the number port should take place on the next working day, ie on Monday. This clearly didn't happen.

From

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

"Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday."

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@psychopomp1 What O2 says and what they actually do don't necessarily coincide, if you get my meaning.Whistle

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Many people have problems with the online form so it is not a great shock to learn that it isn't working

An online form is only of use if there s someone who can be bothered picking it up at the other end

Auto responses are just that, produced by an antiquated system badly in need of upgrading

Message 5 of 5