cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail text alerts when someone calls my Voicemail from another phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I see you are looking for ideas to improve 02. I don't think 02 needs much improvement!

But one idea I have is to be able to receive a text message to alert me if someone has called my voicemail from another number.

This could help combat phone hacking. 

For example if someone called my mobile number from another phone and pressed the star key, entered my PIN and gained access to my voicemail  and could listen to my messages, I would know as the text message alert would tell me.

Even if it didn't show who's number it was, but just a time and date, I would know someone was hacking in and prompt me to change the PIN. If it was a number/time/date on the text I recognised, for example if I had made the call myself, I would simply ignore it.

But I would know if anybody was calling my voicemail from another phone.

I think it's a good idea. What do you think? 😀

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

That's quite a good idea, @Anonymous!

Personally, I don't use O2 voicemail at all, if my phone is out of reach, it returns a busy signal, otherwise it rings and rings ...

There is a service, O2 Call Alert, that uses SMS to tell you when you've missed a call, but O2 Voicemail needs to be turned off for it to work. https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-call-alert

Hopefully @TheresaV or one of the board managers can respond and take your suggestion to the correct team. 👍

Thank you!

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

If anyone knew your pin, just change it ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply @pgn.

I'm pleased you like my idea.

Thanks also for information on 02 Call Alert. I currently use that with Voicemail! It's not strictly true that Voicemail needs to be switched off to use call alert because when you go through the options in Voicemail, there is an option to switch on Call Alert! (with Voicemail!)

Unless it is just for certain users that can use both, I don't know! But with my phones I have Voicemail AND Call Alert because there is an option in Voicemail that allows me to switch on Call Alert! Strange!

Thanks anyway

😀

Message 4 of 8

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I like this idea too.

Meanwhile, as @MI5 suggests, change your voicemail PIN - you can make it up to ten digits long, which should deter most chancers, as they'll assume it's only 4 😉

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Projectionist. I will do that. 😀

Message 6 of 8

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Thanks so much for sharing your idea @Anonymousslight_smile We will make sure that this will be passed on internally!

Thanks for the tag @pgn 😉

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @TheresaV 

Have a good day 👍😀

Message 8 of 8