Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Lounge - stop email notifications

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi I tried the Virtual Lounge last week . I ticked for notifications.  Too many are arriving.

Ive gone to settings and stopped all emails . Is there a way to stop notifications for the Virtual Lounge only   or to rescind requesting it's replies.

Id like to have replies notified from the Forum but nor the Lounge for numerical reasons 

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jenny105 I don't believe it's possible to make your notifications topic specific. It's all or nothing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jenny105

You can turn off notifications for the Off Topic section which means you will get nothing at all from that section at all. I've never done it ....but it's in your settings somewhere.

Or at the top of the page of the Virtual Lounge on the left hand side ....you will see something called 'Topic Options' If you click on that you will see Unsubscribe From Topic.

However be warned, once the page is filled with 20 posts, you will start getting notifications again, so you will never be fully unsubscribed.:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks I knew it was in there somewhere. I'll probably use on of those those . Im happy to pop in now and again to see what's on topic.
Message 4 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Something to keep in mind also if you want to unsubscribe from a certain topic, is that if you reply to it again at any point after unsubscribing, BUT still have the setting ticked on for "Automatically subscribe me to all topics I participate in", it will re-subscribe you to that topic and you'll start getting the notifications again when people reply to it.

Something I could suggest as an option too if you feel you're getting too many notifications in general (not just related to the Lounge question), is to untick the "Automatically subscribe me to all topics I participate in" so it won't add a subscription automatically to topics you reply to. You won't be notified then if someone replies after you, but if you keep a regular eye on your profile page where your posts are listed, you can spot if a topic has been replied to again as it will be bolded.

I'd suggest keeping the email notifications on for @ mentions at least, so you know if someone directly tags you into a post, if you want to be aware of that. Same for private messages.

Hope that helps. slight_smile

@Cleoriff, what's this 20 posts issue - that shouldn't be happening unless we have a bug somewhere? open_mouth

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo

This isn't a new thing at all. I have moaned about it before on numerous occasions (before your time Marjo)

Take the Apple Megathread for instance. I have unsubscribed from that before now.

So, if you do it when a new page starts (via topic options), it will unsubscribe you until the next page starts. (Each page having 20 posts)

My gripe with that is, if I unsubscribe from topic, why does lithium presume I want to start reading it again once we get to a new page?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo

This isn't a new thing at all. I have moaned about it before on numerous occasions (before your time Marjo)

Take the Apple Megathread for instance. I have unsubscribed from that before now.

So, if you do it when a new page starts (via topic options), it will unsubscribe you until the next page starts. (Each page having 20 posts)

My gripe with that is, if I unsubscribe from topic, why does lithium presume I want to start reading it again once we get to a new page?

Well that sounds silly indeed and does sound like a bug. 😞 Unless it's some additional option I'm not aware of. Have you noticed any difference with this if you change the number of posts per page for example? We can raise a new case about this to get it looked into.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Apologies @Marjo, for 20 posts please read 10.

Every page has 10 posts per page (no matter the length of each post there are 10 per page)

This has happened as long as I have been here....i.e. unsubscribe and then when you get to a new page you start getting emails again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for the info @Cleoriff, new bug case it is then! They might ask for some additional details to be able to troubleshoot so I'll drop you a PM in that case if you don't mind. slight_smile

Message 9 of 9