Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor signal and 4g

JohnnySAFC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I both live/work in Lincoln LN6 between Norton Disney and Witham St Hughes. We have been here for 8 years, both the signal and 4g service have been pretty good, until the last 12 months where it has become steadily worse to non existent???

we have had several txt messages over the past year from O2 informing us that due to ongoing work to improve the signal around us we May experience temporary signal issues, all I can see is that in certain parts of Lincoln there’s a strong signal and 5G available, while in the outskirts we have been reduced to almost nothing. 

Both my wife and I have been long term customers on O2 (twenty years or more) but unfortunately unless improvements are made we will be looking to another provider going forward. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@JohnnySAFC 

Unfortunately you may be at the mercy of local landowners allowing access to o2 (and other networks) to either upgrade or restore service to a mast, and o2 wont give any timescales on fixing issues. 

Looking at Cell Mapper there are no masts covering Norton Disney at all or Witham St Hughes, and the same can be said for EE and Vodafone.. The only Network that has coverage is 3 

If you are looking at moving networks, then I would advise getting some PAYG sim cards from other networks and make sure you get service, before signing up to a new provider

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2