Did you mean: 

VM / O2 dongle

PJW11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have the VM /O2 backup dongle but despite the coverage checker saying I should have good 4g indoor and outdoor service Ithe dongle just doesn't get a signal. VM's engineer suggested it could be a faulty dongle so that was repolaced along with a new sim card but has made no difference. Any suggestions welcome

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149336 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@PJW11 

You may need the O2 apn settings installing.

These should work https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 19

PJW11
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The dongle goes into the VM router via an extension and the router is preconfigured so can't change / input any settings

Message 3 of 19

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7917 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Which VM router is that. 

Have you asked in the networking section of the Virgin Forum. Some knowledgeable people there

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 149336 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@PJW11 wrote:

The dongle goes into the VM router via an extension and the router is preconfigured so can't change / input any settings

If it takes a sim it needs an apn.

There must be an IP address and a management portal you can login to to check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 19

PJW11
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I assure you these are the settings  all greyed out can't input anything

Mobile Network APN                    iot.o2.co.uk

Mobile Network Username           card

Mobile Network Password             card

Message 6 of 19

PJW11
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hitron Chita. VM business has no forum sadly and their customer have no idea.

Message 7 of 19

PJW11
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Customer service!

Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 149336 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@PJW11 wrote:

I assure you these are the settings  all greyed out can't input anything

Mobile Network APN                    iot.o2.co.uk

Mobile Network Username           card

Mobile Network Password             card

That will explain why it's not working then.

Message 9 of 19

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9268 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@PJW11 

If this "backup" gadget works in the same was as an EE "Smart Hybrid Connect" supports a BT hub, then there is a SIM therein but the user cannot access or alter the settings.  

Message 10 of 19