cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP customer. What a joke

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to upgrade my phone for over 2 days now. I have asked on numerous occasions for someone to call me. I have for 3 hours spent on live chat. I have had to call my 2 banks to unblock my credit cards. Due to the fact that o2 are incompetent at every level. I have tried unsuccessfully to upgrade my phone on 8 occasions. If this cannot be sorted for delivery on Saturday I will cancel all contracts report you to Oftel and claim compensation. I have been a customer for over 20 years and this is the way you treat your customers. I can't call as your international number does not work from a mobile in Dominican Republic. Complete Joke of a company.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous O2 will not call you back regardless of what you were told. O2 operate a fair deal for all policy. I’d go instore to upgrade as  you will have more luck there. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Compensation for what?
I understand your frustration but I can't see why you want compensating?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 I think they are referring to the fact that they think they should have some sort of loyalty bonus but I’ve explained that everyone gets the same 

Message 4 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Having to call your bank would imply that you have attempted to upgrade, o2 have tried to process and this has failed due to your bank.

If you are currently overseas in the Dominican Republic this will be why the bank have blocked the transactions, as if your overseas it is suspicious for an order to be placed back in the UK. Plus since fraud of is nature is quite common its no surprise.

Regretfully, as advised, you haven't lost anything financially or materially other than time, so its unlikely your due any compensation
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

Exactly as @phonecharger says, you current IP Address screams fraud if coming from the Dominican Republic, and using a UK card.

o2 have the right to protect themselves from fraudlent transactions, and it was only a few years ago that the o2.co.uk site was blocked from access outside the UK.

Who are Oftel?, and i can tell you what ofcom will probably say.. Upgrades are at the discretion of the network and arent guaranteed, so you are due no compensation.

Also not all international carriers can dial out to UK 08 numbers, so take this up with C&W the local network operator.

I also wouldn't cancel any Direct Debits as you may end up with no service and defaults against you if you don't pay, also you will be required to pay all sums due if cancelling the contract.

To add if you where a VIP customer then you will have been diverted on entering your number to the platinum cs team, who answer the phone in about 5 rings a lately, and would have been able to do the upgrade there and then, so you must be getting through to the normal cs team. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6