cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless search on this website

Anonymous
Not applicable

The search on this website is useless, I typed "Sony Xperia XA1 not using wifi" and it searched for "Sony Peria xx not using wife" Bang

Seriously, what is the point of a website for phone help that won't search for what you type in?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
We all use Google to search the website.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

It doesn't change what you're searching for @Anonymous, just suggests an alternative - similar to Google when you search for something perhaps a little usual, and it attempts to suggest what it thinks you may mean.

Screenshot

You can see from the search string in the URL that it's searched for exactly what you asked for, however also gives you the option (highlighted in red above) to search for it's suggested phrase too. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144286 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Yeah but it's still useless wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The search on this website is useless, I typed "Sony Xperia XA1 not using wifi" and it searched for "Sony Peria xx not using wife" Bang

Seriously, what is the point of a website for phone help that won't search for what you type in?

Yes.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It did that this time, but the first time I search for it the box above the one you highlighted read "Sony Peria xx not using my wife" as well as the text below it. Which is why I posted!

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried again, same result.

Clipboard-1.jpg

Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Search function is useless.has never worked 

Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It is useless. As one of the regular posters here I find I need to know the following....

1) Who posted it

2) When it was posted.

Only then will I get something close to what I want. As others have said we use Google...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17