cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, first time on here so if I have posted in the wrong place sorry.

What it is, my brothers contract has just ended for his iphone 3g and he’s upgraded to the 3gs. He is selling me the 3g one and I need to know what I need to do to change it pay as you go. I have been told 3 different stories now so I am confused.
Was told I need to buy an o2 iphone 3g sim, and then was told I can use a normal o2 sim card, and then was told I can’t use it on pay as you go. I spoke to someone from o2 about going on the simplicity plan (the line went dead a few times so didnt get an answer) as this would be better for me but can I do that for the iphone and do I get a sim card to do that with?

Sorry if that was confusing, I’m confused myself now. 😐
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
You can use any o2 payg or pay monthly sim but to get 3g speed need a 3g enabled sim.

Have a look at the link in my signature there is a link to iPhone o2 help page there is a section on secondhand iPhone

just remember a data Bolton on which ever tariff you go on
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replying slight_smile

I can go ahead and buy it now, couldn’t find any information on the web about it at all. Forgot to say the iphone was already on o2 so would I need to unlock it still?

Will have a look at the link thanks. You have been a great help.
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If on o2 and you want to use it on o2 no need to unlock but you can if you want
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
My brother has phoned me and said he has now unlocked it for me, will be picking it up soon. Thank's again for all your help.
Message 5 of 5