Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Data

Celine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been getting messages on my Samsung A20e that I have used up 98% of my 32GB data.

I've been trying to manage this for a month now constantly deleting things as I go along. I've also subscribed to upload to the cloud but that is not working.

I have today signed up for 4GB monthly bolt-on in an attempt to increase my data allowance. 

This does not seem to be working either??
What am I doing wrong??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds like the message is that you have used your phone's storage, and not the data to connect to the internet @Celine.
Try clearing the cache on apps, deleting downloads that are no longer required and any apps you don't use anymore.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Celine 

Deleted item go into a "recently deleted" folder, so you need to empty that too to see a difference in phone storage.

Buying extra mobile data will not help as it it phone storage, not data usage that is the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Celine

I would suggest that you should buy a Micro SD Card to expand your memory. As others have stated it ain't Mobile Data.
Message 4 of 4