cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use allowances by order of expiry date

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently ran out of data towards the end of my monthly allowance period, so bought a one off bolt on (snack) to keep me going until my data was refreshed. This worked fine, but when my data allowance came back, that was used instead of the bolt on. As they both have a one month duration, the bolt on will expire before the monthly data allowance and that makes it likely I will not use the rest of my bolt on. It would make more sense (and be more customer friendly) if the order of use for allowances was changed to use the one that is finishing soonest first.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes it may roll over the allowance to the next month but that is rare
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
All bolt on allowances roll over until the end of the following month now. It doesn't matter which is used first as they will both expire at the end of the month (roll over for bolt on and current month for regular allowances).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive only got 36mb left on my data. My direct debit payment went out today. when does my new data allowance begin

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
In 2 weeks time. If you look in your MyO2 it will tell you the exact date http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5