Did you mean: 

*Urgent* appeal for default error - first time buyer dream home on the line

Thanu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2 community,

Me and my partner just started a mortgage process as first time buyers and key workers. But without my knowledge, O2 has defaulted my account 2 months ago by error which has drastically impacted my credit report and affected our eligibility for a mortgage! 

I have contacted several O2 departments regarding this issue but desperately need this to be resolved urgently please. We could be losing our chance of buying a property especially as we are getting help from family and they could decide to withdraw from the process.

I have few sources of evidence to prove that O2 has admitted their mistake but I just need the company to act on this please. Me and my partner are going to lose the property of our dream :'(

Can anyone from O2 staff @O2Lisa @O2Ryan @O2Emma or members of the community who have experienced something similar advice? I have emailed and called O2, Experian, credit referral but not sure how to speed this up. Please help us.

Kind regards, 

Thanugen

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23539 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Thanu The address below is all the community has regarding credit issues. From past knowledge, they are not customer facing, and their response to queries is never quick. They don't even offer a phone number apart from a Fax:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

The staff you've tagged are O2 account advisors and they are not immediately available, but it may already be beyond their scope. The advisor on at 8 am today is @O2Sarah- 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10642 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Thanu 

The quickest way is to raise a query with the Credit Reference Agencies, this can be done via the likes of ClearScore or CreditKarma.. 

Make sure you submit all evidence and ask the CRA to put a notice of correction on as well. 

But bare in mind it can take 40 days to fix this way and sometimes a lot longer..  And also o2 can turn round and say its correct.

Also there is more than on CRA, I would be asking the lender / broker to take this up as if you have evidence

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Thanu I will send you a private message so we can make sure this is raised to the right places.

Message 4 of 4