cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading the whole system

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a nice email telling me that the system will be upgraded across the country and that O2 are spending £1.5m pounds per day doing this work. How about getting someone to spend some money in the Argyll area as unless I go to the top of out 3 storey house I cannot get any signal at all!! What is interesting though if O2 wish to contact me they can send a ring tone lasting 2 or 3 rings, cuts of and I then get a message. Any one else have this kind of problem which doesn't seem to rate a response from O2 when you mention it to them?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The modern phones will be hunting for a 3G signal so turning it off might help and you can try 2G only.

2015 is a completion date for the whole country, your area could be done well before then.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There are many, many with poor signal problems and hopefully the network improvements that are being introduced now will help you.

O2 will not discuss when any particular area will be done but it should be completed by 2015.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you check that o2's signal was adequate where you live, work and commute before taking up the service, and if so was it ok?

I always suggest trying out other network payg Sims before signing on the dotted line as service checkers are designed to give an indication and are not 100% accurate.

Perhaps 02's Tugo service may be a solution for when your at home and can run off home WiFi if available.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

when moving from Bucks to Argyll O2 confirmed that there were no problems with the signal so like a good little bot I trusted what they told me. Using my old nokia phone was ok but the new HTC and Samsung phones just will not pick up a signal.

Been with O2 for years but can I wait until 2015 when it might work - not sure!

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

it would be nice if they did - but maaybe they don't know themselves?

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

doesn't really help but amusing just the same

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

2015? can I wait that long - I suspect not. I would have thought that O2 could issue a blanket area statement when they are going to improve but that must be very difficult to plan ahead as this problem has existed in my area for at least 3 years and still noo improvement

Message 8 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The modern phones will be hunting for a 3G signal so turning it off might help and you can try 2G only.

2015 is a completion date for the whole country, your area could be done well before then.

Message 9 of 9