cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the new device software for a blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having trouble getting the new software, help?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Thats a bit vague. If you want the latest desktop manager software, download it from the BB site. Once done, it will do any automatic phone updates for you when you connect to you computer.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya, Yeah i want the update '6' but i have gone though the website and i click one button takes me to a page, click another and takes me back again. i just go in circles. I have the bb desktop on my computer and i have pressed check for updates and it asks for my email address and says it will inform me on upcoming updates.. but it hasnt as there is a new update available.
Message 3 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Tried this link: http://uk.blackberry.com/services/desktop/
What model BB is it? Not all BB's can take os6.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its Bold 9700 & I have just downloaded that... looks the same as the other one? Also just downloaded BB device manager.
Message 5 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Ah, then it could be that the official o2 approved version isn't quite out (or correctly defined as: vendor specific) There are other ways but only if you want to tinker or feel like reading a couple of threads in the BB section here.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks alot! slight_smile
So ill just wait for a email regarding a new update is avalible yes?
Message 7 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
An o2 software update now replaces the coming soon as the forum's long running joke grin
Sheepdog in "when's Android 2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10 coming out for my Samsung i7500 Galaxy" mode grin
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
😐
Message 9 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
:robotwink:
Don't worry, I'm just mocking the forum as I'm very much a forum veteran (though my post count suggests otherwise). Someone else will be along later to tell you about os6.
Message 10 of 11