Did you mean: 

Unsolicited contract

Calrid123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was contacted by an O2 call center, they said they wanted to lower my phon

e bill, but instead they sent a £1000 I phone and put me on an unsolicited contract. I sent the phone back and made it clear I had no way or means to afford the phone or the contract. They still have not cancelled my contract and I phoned someone and they assured me someone would get back to me, nothing has happened. Since O2 have no ema

il support, shockingly for a Co.munications company I appear to be out of options, what can I do?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

You were not contacted by O2, but by a very sophisticated fraud outfit. 

You need to report this as such to O2, Your Bank and Action Fraud

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Read through this first

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Calrid123 

If you think you’ve been the victim of fraud – whether it’s because you’ve given details to someone over the phone, or clicked on a link in a suspicious text or email there are things you can do:
Contact your bank if you think you may have given out financial information. They can help protect your account and stop transactions.
Change your account and online account passwords. Not just your O2 account. All of them.
Forward fraudulent texts to O2 for free on 7726.
Contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
Call your Virgin Media or O2 customer services number if you think somebody’s taken out a contract using your details.
Virgin Media customers can phone 150 from their landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
O2 customers can call 202 from their O2 phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone.
You can block the number that called you, or any number you think may be suspicious.
How to block a number:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229
There are also these links to look at:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

I just hope you didn't suffer from the same as someone I work with.

He was due to "upgrade" his deal as his current offer was running out.

"Three" contacted him to offer him a new deal, but "accidentally" sent an iPhone out (he only wanted sim only).

They then called and told him where to post it - which is an address the scammers control, and not actually Three.

When he told me this I mentioned this was a well known scam and he should phone Three directly. The next time I saw him he confirmed he had been scammed, and he had duly notified his bank and the police.

I only hope you contact o2 to confirm the return address @Calrid123 and didn't rely on the one you got from them calling you...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

Calrid123
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So how come O2 are still trying to charge me a monthly direct debit for the contract then? Riddle me that batman, it was O2 it is O2 and now they have cut my phone off for not paying my phone bill, this is absolutely disgusting behaviour. Fraud now compounded by illegal phone scamming and they have the nerve to send me potential summons to court to recover the debt, and it is O2 and you are frankly ******ing abysmal, and I am changing to another phone company you fraudulent asses.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Easy to see how it happened now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Calrid123 First of all, we are all customers here, and we've seen what's happened to you happen to others countless times. We constantly tell people not to respond to cold callers, but the warnings get ignored. You bought into what you thought was a dream deal. You were scammed. O2 are sending you demands to pay what you owe because you gave the scammers who called you, who were not O2 but you believed them, all your account details, or sent a code back to them to give them access to your account.

You need to report the fraud to O2 and to the police. All the ways to do that are above. Instead of being nasty to the others who have replied to try to help you, you should have said thank you. I doubt that anyone else will offer you any help now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Calrid123
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You're a moron, O2 sold me that phone do you get it, they then bumped my phone bill up from £6 to £43 / month and now are threatening to take me to court for not paying my bill, comprendé? ******, it's O2 billing me for the Apple I phone is it sinking in yet?

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions