Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreceived SIM and phone bill

Salmon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the middle of a frustrating situation.

Back in May I signed up for an o2 pay monthly SIM. However, I never did receive the SIM. I phoned up and explained this citing my order number, but was told there was no record of such an order.

However, it turns out I have beenn billed for this service, as I have received a final bill telling me my service would be terminated if I do not pay up. The bill had been sent to an old address and was dated July.

I am unsure as to how to proceed here. It seems unfair to billed for a service I have not used. I have tried to call 02 to discuss the situation but as I cannot answer the security questions (as I knew nothing about the account untill recently) they have said they are unable to help me. I am quite happy to settle the bill in exchange for actually receiving a SIM i can use.

Has anyone got anyone got any idea how I can sort this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'll ask @Martin-O2 to help out but it most likely won't be until next week now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Salmon you need to persevere with customer service ASAP before a default gets put on your credit score. You could make a complaint via this link using resolver

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Salmon Sounds very odd. You say you have an order number. Do you have any emails or paperwork for this account? Do you have an O2 store anywhere nearby, and if so, can you go in and bring any paperwork and identification for proof?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Salmon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks everyone. I am thinking I will have to go to my nearest 02 to store to sort this, seeing as phone isn't working. I am concerned about this affecting my credit score. If I pay the bill will my credit score return to normal?
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Is it possible the sim was sent to the same old address as the bill ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salmon If you pay the bill ASAP then they may not put a default on your score but you would have to keep an eye on that 

Message 7 of 11

Salmon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am thinking this may be the case. Although when I went and had a look around it was not there.

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Paying the bill now won't stop the default on your credit file. It's a mess but I take it you changed address soon after taking out the contract which would explain why you didn't get the sim. I'm not sure you are giving us the full story here. There would have been a direct debit set up initially which you must have cancelled. It's at that point you should have contacted O2 and advised them you had changed address. Did you not realise then that you would miss a payment? You would have received an email each time your account had been billed. You really need to speak with them, ask them for a password hint (MMN?) and you would need to give them your previous address. Guess you were too busy to sort it out at the time, what with your change of address?

Message 9 of 11

Salmon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is the other thing that was so weird about it -there was no direct debit set up. I'm not sure but I think I was told I would need to sign some paperwork which I guess would have been sent with the SIM?

As I said when I called up to find out what happened to my SIM they said they had no record of of the account. So i figured there had just been some kind of mistake on their end. So I didn't think I could be billed for it 

Message 10 of 11