cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was overseas for the weekend.

On Saturday I got a text saying I needed to call them because I was overseas and they wanted to check my phone wasn't stolen.

Fair enough, so I called them.

My phone got cut off on Sunday.

So I called again. They apologised and enabled my phone.

On Wednesday morning (back in the UK) I got a similar text, and then my mobile got cut off.

I phoned and the person on the phone made some excuse and re-enabled my phone.

Tonight at 21:21 the same thing happened.

The O2 call centre closes at 21:00.

So I now have no phone until the morning, at which time I can phone some person to re-enable my account for some un-known period of time.

The irony is that my account is some £25 in credit.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
"The irony is that my account is some £25 in credit."

The query was relating to why your pay monthly account would be £25 in credit ?....this must be before the prepayment otherwise the phone wouldn't be blocked.
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can sympathise.  I have just had the 02 couldn't give a **bleep** treatment.  I made the mistake of ordering a new phone.  At the time I was led innocently from my account via 'update now' and, unknown to me, treated like a new customer, not one who has been around for over 20 years.  As such they gave me a new account and new phone number.  When the phone eventually arrived it opened a can of worms.  Right now I have no 02 connection - they cut me off and it's down to me to call them to reconnect!  Yesterday morning I spent 30 minutes talking to one of their 'gurus' who gave me a load of rubbish, told me to wait 24 hours while everthing was put right.  This morning I learnt - from another of their 'gurus' - that I'd been given the round around!   If it wasn't so frightening it would be a tv comedy laugh.  Beware if you're an existing customer who wants to update - 02 will treat you like a new customer.  It's sharp practice and the basis of a complaint!

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Every customer is treated the same at O2. They make a point of saying that ALL customers get the same deals. The only exceptions to this I know of are if you have been paying very high monthly payments for a long time, they may give you some additional free minutes/texts etc. When the upgrade arrives, it is true that it is treated as a new contract. You will get a new SIM and new phone number. You simply call customer services to activate your new sim and transfer your old account number and details on to it. IT'S HOW ALL MOBILE OPERATORS DO IT !!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall write up my experiences and send to the consumer editors of some national newspapers.  Hopefully they will publish as a warning to others.

Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I shall write up my experiences and send to the consumer editors of some national newspapers.  Hopefully they will publish as a warning to others.

I seriously doubt that but go ahead and knock yourself out slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15