cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was overseas for the weekend.

On Saturday I got a text saying I needed to call them because I was overseas and they wanted to check my phone wasn't stolen.

Fair enough, so I called them.

My phone got cut off on Sunday.

So I called again. They apologised and enabled my phone.

On Wednesday morning (back in the UK) I got a similar text, and then my mobile got cut off.

I phoned and the person on the phone made some excuse and re-enabled my phone.

Tonight at 21:21 the same thing happened.

The O2 call centre closes at 21:00.

So I now have no phone until the morning, at which time I can phone some person to re-enable my account for some un-known period of time.

The irony is that my account is some £25 in credit.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whilst having every sympathy with the problems you are having, I strongly object to your choice of adjectives for the staff and why do you assume they are on a minimum wage, as if that is some kind of stigma??

Message 2 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would suggest you edit that post before the moderators do it for you.

This isn't Twitter!Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be interesting to see if O2 remove this 'flagged' post overnight.

If they do, then maybe they should devote some of the resource they expend moderating this forum to actually providing customer service.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you can't win them all. I can see on the flipside how someone had their phone stolen and thief took the phone abroad and used the credits and the network did nothing. Then the owner complained her their network were morons for not spotting the unusual activity.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It turns out that because my bill was more than the average over the last 6 months, they are able to demand that I prepay my next bill.

A reasonable thing to do to a pay monthly customer of 8 years? I don't think so.

Regardless, O2 don't seem to tell their call centre staff that that's the way it works as none of them could understand why my phone was being blocked when the account is in credit.

Message 7 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It turns out that because my bill was more than the average over the last 6 months, they are able to demand that I prepay my next bill.

A reasonable thing to do to a pay monthly customer of 8 years? I don't think so.

Regardless, O2 don't seem to tell their call centre staff that that's the way it works as none of them could understand why my phone was being blocked when the account is in credit.

Why would you have to prepay on a pay monthly account? Come to think of it, why would you have credit on a pay monthly account?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same questions passed through my mind too

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I discovered.

Because my bill was going to be more than the average over the last 6 months (because I was using my phone overseas), they blocked my phone until I prepaid some of my next bill.

Message 10 of 15