Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase more than two SIM cards

Gogga
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my family pay monthly SIM cards from Virgin to O2 (new customer), however I cannot make a purchase for more than a 1x Pay Monthly SIM at a time online.  I've managed to purchase two online but now am unable to order more as I have exceeded the number of credit checks which will have a negative impact on my credit score.  Seriously.  Why make it so hard to do something yourself online (how hard is it to add a QTY to the SIM field).  When I called to purchase more I got through to a call centre in India and was told that I had to wait 30 calendar days before purchasing the remaining SIM cards and that he couldn't help me due to the hit on my credit score as he would have to do credit checks for each SIM card as well.  Is this really the case?  Seems bizarre to me and discourages customers from using O2 surely (well it's certainly put me off).

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Gogga 

You arent guaranteed to be allowed 4 new connections to o2, and its upto o2 and what they allow you to have, and to protect o2 and the customer from potential fraud..   I cant remember any network allowing you to order more than 1 at a time...

Also your credit score is a fictional number, o2 and others look at your credit file.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Gogga 

You arent guaranteed to be allowed 4 new connections to o2, and its upto o2 and what they allow you to have, and to protect o2 and the customer from potential fraud..   I cant remember any network allowing you to order more than 1 at a time...

Also your credit score is a fictional number, o2 and others look at your credit file.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Lofty123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Gogga,

I'm glad it's not just me with this issue then! I have just done exactly the same as you...purchased two sim only deals separately (myself and daughter) and trying to order a third sim only for my son, but I got the following error message:

'Unable to continue

Thank you for considering us as your mobile provider.

As well as our credit scoring system, we use business policies to check all new applications. We've noticed you already have an account with us and you've reached the maximum number of Pay Monthly contracts.'

I have been onto O2 customer service who then referred me to O2's credit file referral's team who in turn reset their system and mentioned I should be able to re-order.  I have tried to do this and I now get the 'something went wrong' message.

I've no idea why they are only allowing two pay monthly contracts per person.  I planned to include all three sims as friends & family / multi-sim to manage within one account.

Any help would be useful.

Many thanks.

Message 3 of 3