Did you mean: 

Unable to Reach Customer Service

HM1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,
I have recently rejoined O2 having been with Virgin for for the last few years and am not enjoying the lack of customer service so far, is it just me that finds it incredibly difficult to just get through to someone real?!

have never had so much trouble to simply just be able to speak to someone. The automated phone system is awful and ends the call without even transferring it, and when I try to initiate a chat online it always tells me there is no-one on the team available!

I ordered an additional SIM card on 23rd November which has been in pending status since and all I want to know is what's happening, on the one occasion I was able to reach someone, 2 weeks after I placed the order, they recommended I wait another 48 hours and then if no movement contact them again....and here I am unable to reach anyone! 

Just interested in other peoples O2 customer service experiences and if there are any tried and tested ways outside of the norm to reach someone.

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@HM1 

It's all about contact deflection these days.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this (scripted response, sorry.)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

HM1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5, I will drop them a line on Facebook, you are right it really is all about contact deflection and more companies seem to be adopting this approach unfortunately.

Anyway, thanks again.

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9991 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Took me 3 minutes to get through to someone the other day at lunchtime to speak to someone about my partners contract. 

Just wait until you see the complete AI driven call centre that Telefonica have developed, it gets rid of human call takers near enough completely...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Good luck @HM1 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Rebecca972
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried to call o2 many times today, the phone would ring forever ( more than two hours) then get cut off.

Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 27: Desk Jockey
  • 4915 Posts
  • 81 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

@Rebecca972 

I suggest that you try the social media route as described by @MI5 above :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No difference over 2 years later I see.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8