Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING IPHONE ABROAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello!
i want to ask something,maybe a question a million ppl has asked

If i am in MALAYSIA,can i buy the 3g iphone and use it in malaysia with a malaysia sim card?

THANK U
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
reply reply reply
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
What you can do is buy the 3g iphone as a pay as you go on the 16th September but you would have to get it unlocked to use it in malaysia. When you connect the hand set to itunes it updates the firmware and that can brick the phone if it has been unlocked/jailbroken.

Hope this helps.

Tev32
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, I meant to say it will brick your iphione if it has been jailbroken/unlocked.

Tev32
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are u sure?
I am not sure
but really THANNK YOU

Need more ppl to reply!!

THANK U THANK U
WAIt means i cant update my iphone?
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, I meant to say it will brick your iphione if it has been jailbroken/unlocked.

May, not necessarily *will*, if you use some sort of overlapping SIM card (there are several manufacturers of these) it'll work just fine - you'll still need to activate the iPhone though - which will require Jailbreak.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
rossmck - my point is that it has to be jailbroken. This is the what people done over in America when it was released for the 2G iphone, its the same with the 3G iphone, otherwise there is no point in peole selling them on Ebay etc. As per the overlapping sim card, i'm not familiar with them but I trust that you are and that might work.

Tev32
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 2g (bought in thailand) and 3g (bought in china) and both work globally on any network (bar "3") without any hiccup

depending if you have a mac of pc just google the dev teams jailbreak and unlock for your particular s/w version, its dead easy to do, and a new jailbreak is normally released for every new s/w version within about 48hrs normally.

plus this way you will be able to install non-appstore appliacations etc...

just remember if you do jailbreak/unlock it, DO NOT UPDATE IN iTunes otherwise you will disable your iPhone and it will need unlocking & jailbreaking again, unless it is an original iphone and then it will simply update and refresh but you will lose your 3rd party non-official apps

if it needs to be sent off repair to, Restore it in itunes and then it will be back to an original state wink

PS - dont be worried, its almost impossible to completely brick an iphone so it cant be sorted in any way slight_smile
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
WAIT MEANS I CANT UPDATE MY IPHONE AT ITUNES?
if i jailbreak no more warranty rite?
Message 9 of 13

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Yep you said it, you cant update etc
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 13