Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv interference

Florence76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Every time I switch on the tv I get bad interference across the screen if I am using my mobile internet. Can anyone help? Is there a conflict on frequency bands?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like a fault with the EMF screening on your TV.
Is it new?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Florence76
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No the tv we have with sky....but to be honest ever since I've had the 4g the tv crackles and splitters Every time I send or receive texts or updates on my phone or if I'm browsing the internet o my phone
Message 3 of 7

Florence76
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Had tv a long time... as I have my mobile sam8
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Known issues if near a 4g mast 

https://at800.tv/faq/can-get-filter/ May help you 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's like the old days when you had to put suppressors on the electrical equipment in the car to stop interference on the car radio.

I would guess it's a combination of old equipment.

Do family phones cause the same interference if they text or call within your home? If not, I would be looking at changing your phone.

If the same happens if anyone else uses their phone then possibly the problem alluded to by @adamtemp64

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Florence76, I was wondering if either of the suggestions above helped you understand what's going on better? Do come back and update us on your progress please, it'll be very interesting to know what was causing this and how you solved it slight_smile

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7