Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring sim to another provider

AlanmcC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do I have to pay the remaining charges on a Device before I can move my phone number to another provider. I am happy to pay the remaining cost of the device over the period but the monthly cost of an O2 sim is about 4 times the price of BT

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Quite simply because that's what you agreed to do when taking out the contract initially @AlanmcC 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

AlanmcC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for you reply. I honestly thought that the Sim and Device were two separate contracts.  I spent a frustrating hour on the O2 Chat system with three different operators and they couldn't even answer this simple query

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AlanmcC 

They are separate but the terms of refresh state that the device plan must be paid off and the airtime can then be cancelled. It's not possible the other way around.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

AlanmcC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again. My Bad.  I will know for the future.

Message 5 of 5