Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally unbelievable 🤬

Markg3672
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a new zfold and watch to go with it on contract . I was told I had to pre order so I did I waited several weeks on it coming that was fine 🙂.  

I asked to purchase insurance as I did on every phone with o2 for past 15years o2 told me I have 31 days to purchase insurance when I get the phone as they can give me insurance as I don't have the phone nor am paying fir it until I receive it from my click and collect o2 shop this was fine so phone arrived I picked it up with watch came home wrapped it up and kids gave it to me as a present (dad's life ) I rang o2 asked for insurance please to be told it was 28 days and it was from I pre ordered it 🤬 I received the phone on the 18th of September and called o2 several times waiting for over 40mins a time on the 17th I got an answer thats when I was told that it was from pre order . I have not changed across to the phone as its very expensive and don't have insurance I put a complaint in and was told on the 17th same time as requested insurance that I would be contacted im still waiting on a call ??????

Meantime I'm paying alot of money for a phone I can't use . Any one any ideas please 🙏

02 yiyr definitely a total disgrace 🤬🤬🤬

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

You don't have to insure the phone through o2, and if you have content insurance it might be covered on there. Or through your bank account if you pay for it.

It is your choice to not use your phone, so that is not the fault of o2.

I agree that being told two different things is frustrating, so I will tag the community managers so they can get in touch @Markg3672 to take some more details.

@Martin-O2 @lewys-gp @RafaC can you help?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Markg3672
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for your help 

When taking the phone I also said I want insurance with o2 as I slays do and have done for 15years I find this best as its all together payments etc and there is no hassle if there is a claim I was told this is possible as always but seems its not possible after all as for using the phone course I can't use it until its insured that would be silly its an expensive phone to get fixed 🤷‍♂️ .but thanks for your help 👍 

Message 3 of 4

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@gmarkj thanks for the tag!

@Markg3672 I'll send you a PM to get more details about your situation.

Message 4 of 4