cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 3 reasons to report a post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We regularly see posts that reflect the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of our community. We sometimes also see less appropriate posts. So, to help keep the forum a great place for everyone, you have the option to 'Report inappropriate content' to us.

As the community grows in size, I thought it might be a good idea to share the top 3 reasons to report a post: 

Screen Shot 2012-10-18 at 12.40.51.png1) Offensive material

This one is fairly self explanatory. If you see a post that you find offensive, please report it. You might also want to report posts with offensive material or content that could be damaging to a specific kind of person or lifestyle. Advertisements and spam also fall under this category.

2) Threads to be moved or split 

Members often add posts to an existing thread or post a thread in the wrong section, where they would be better served if the thread would be in a seperate thread or a specific board.

Using the report function will alert us so we can action these cases.

3) Personal details

The forum is open to everyone and to protect people from being spammed please report posts that contain personal info such as full names, an email address or telephone number. 

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Can we add the words "liar" and "lies" to the banned word filters?

Thanks for clearing it up:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Can we add the words "liar" and "lies" to the banned word filters?

Thanks for clearing it up:)

Agreed, that's the one word that I find offensive every time I see it and it's nearly always wrong! Smiley Frustrated

Personal attacks on CS staff when they're not in a position to respond is to me unacceptable.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
haha, banned words, I don't know. But you're often right, attacks are really not okay, so feel free to report them. If you disagree with a course of action we've taken after having made a report, feel free to drop me a PM. I'll gladly review the decision.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be nice if the words I phone & Apple could be added to the banned list to Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The ones I find most offensive are the personal attacks, usually after a night on the booze where people wouldn't dream of saying things like that face to face.

Message 6 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Sorry about those jonsie:( ill work on my drinking

Serious note completely agreed.

Sorry for kind of derailing your thread Leanord:(

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Not a derailment Liquid slight_smile

Its great to discuss reporting as much as possible.

With regards to attacks on staff, I have always removed names, but kept in the criticism, as there must be an avenue for negative feedback; its just as useful as positive feedback for improvements and suggestions, as well as providing some great discussions from time to time.

As Leonard says, if you want it to be looked at, report it. slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a late reply but I missed this thread.

There is another point, Libellous postings should be reported also, as all and sundry can read these forums

Message 9 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm agreed if its obviously insulting/incorrect.

But the O2 forums I believe work on the basis that its the posters view and has no representation of the community or O2 as a whole.

Besides my post count would half haha:(
Message 10 of 11