Did you mean: 

Time to negotiate a new contract

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10276 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

Wish me luck... 

We are at the end of our 18month contract with VM, and we where on Oomph, with Sports and Cinema, and the free unlimited sim card, which was used in emergencies, when VM went down.. 

Any tips @Enlli as don't want an o2 sim card, we have 3 in the house already, just want Gig1 and the full TV Package, and have a feeling I am in for a fight... 

As I say wish me luck...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6778 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Probably need more than luck.

They will probably insist you have to have an O2 SIM from them (we know that to be a lie)

Do your homework as to what is available in your area and at what price. Use it as a basis for negotiation.

In the end be prepared to leave. People that have put their notice in often find they come back with a better offer.

If they do accept it. If you think about it and call back they will deny all knowledge of it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10276 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

The issue is BT is garbage at only 35mbps 😔 where as VM is Gig1 

I saw the deny all knowledge threads on the VM community (that's a scary place)... 

Might give them a bell and see what they say....  

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've literally just got off the phone with Virginmedia and got through to Retentions in Sheffield

I too had the leave without penalty letter and negotiated a slight reduction (£4) in my current package  for the length of my contract without the £12 increase quoted as of May 1st.

So, as I've been extremely happy with my package and never had to have a callout in the 5 years I've been with them, I'm more than happy with the £16 per month saving

Every penny counts!

Also no waiting time on the call, even though I got through to an overseas call centre first who then transferred me to a guy called Russell in the UK

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10276 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

Same here @jonsie

Just called up, got straight through to someone in Sheffield as well (I know where that Call Centre is), and got told I'm on a rolling contract, and because we have the Full sports package and Cinema, and all the channels, we are on the best price, no need to change, and I can keep the Ultimate Oomph sim, and it will always be free...  He did reprice to start a new contract and it was more expensive. 

Oh and no price increase at all until we want to change it..

So his advice was to stay as we are slight_smile 

Best call I have had with VM in a long time, never thought I would say well done VM

Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12138 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

It's on my to do list as well...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6778 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Wondering how the Oomph SIM stays free when it is moved to O2 and their systems.

Keep us posted

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10276 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

I am wondering that, but as its Free now, they cant really start charging for it as its part of my contract 😃 

Only time will tell..

Message 8 of 8