Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible internet service avoid 02 at all costs

Davtherav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have now been using 02 internet in a new location for around 8 months now and it is frankly terrible. I’m currently going through things with the ombudsman as they can’t keep getting away with not providing a signal before anyone says they don’t quote service figures they still need to provide you with internet if you are paying for it and it’s showing as not an issue within your area. 

I get “No network detected
We have detected that you have no/
poor network connectivity. Press OK to
switch to offline mode.
OK” when running the set on the my network app 

when I do get signal I get  download speed 2.67kbps upload speed 3.67kbps and a response time of 87ms as figures from the my network app 

this isn’t representative of what the quote on the network status either which needs changed so they don’t miss sell to any other unsuspecting new customers. 

It’s just completely shocking and they aren’t interesting in fixing the area of falkirk FK2 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6636 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

According to their service checker they presently have a mast down and are in the process of upgrading the coverage in that area, that is not something that can be done in a hurry.

We are all customers on here so have no influence on O2.

Not sure which Ombudsman you have used but if it is OFCOM they will log your complaint, but they don't deal directly with customer issues.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23123 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Davtherav If a mast is down in your area and O2 are aware of it and are attempting repairs, your complaint to the ombudsman will count for nothing.

If you want to lodge a formal complaint you need to start here: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3