cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ten pound contract change back help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a contract with O2 obviously and I top up 10 pound a month and get unlimited texts and 10 pounds to spend on what ever. ( Calls ect.. )
I got a text from O2 saying, ring this and you will get unlimited texts and 100 minutes but will cost you your 10 pound credit.
So I did and it has been fine, Im due to top up in 3 days and I dont need the 100 mins and i want the 10 pound credit back.
It says to ring 2202, which i have done, but it isnt clear enough.. Can anyone help me?
Basically I want to change from unlimited texts and 100 mins to unlimited texts and 10 pounds credit like before.
Thankyou for your time,
Ethan
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't get your £10 back as you purchased a bolt-on.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't get your £10 back as you purchased a bolt-on.

No. The OP didn't purchase a bolt on they changed to add simplicity tariff.
OP, you need to call O2 and ask them to change your tariff back to the promotional version of Text and Web.
You can't use the automated version, because the promotional Text and Web isn't a current tariff.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re-read the first line. It cost him £10. I doubt he can ring O2 and get it back....
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a bit confusing because he says he has a contract and then mentions top ups. It can't be both
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re-read the first line. It cost him £10. I doubt he can ring O2 and get it back....

I did read the whole post. The £10 Simplicity for pay and go tariff gives 100 minutes and unlimited texts , it costs £10 from your credit which is taken on your anniversary date. The OP says the anniversary date is in a few days, therefore they can phone O2 to change back to the old Text and Web tariff before the new tariff is activated.
Even if the situation is as you describe (although it still isn't a bolt-on) , in the past, when people have 'accidentally' changed tariff they have been able to call O2 and change back. If they haven't used the allowance, the cost has been refunded.
Message 6 of 6