Did you mean: 

Struggling massively with getting a decent signal

gw84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

Just after some advice really on my next steps from fellow 02 customers. I've been with 02 for years but for the past 2-3 years i've struggled with getting any sort of data signal in public places. I go to a lot of sporting events / public places and even trying 3g and 4g, I dont get a signal while other people of EE / Vodaphone are able to stream TV. I dont want to do that but a basic internet signal to check twitter is surely the least I can ask with me paying for a 4G signal??

Does any other 02 users have this issue? I've done all the things 02 live chat suggest but still no look. Is there anything I can do apart from suck it up and wait for my contract to end?

On another note, if I jumped ship to EE, and paid off my 02 bill, would it be easy enough to keep my phone and just get a PAYG sim and get my number kept?

Cheers in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122375 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gw84 

I wouldn't be thinking of staying with O2 if your signal is consistently poor. I would pay off my contract and move somewhere else.

Once you pay off your contract the phone is yours to do what you like with it.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852#M...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

gw84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info Cleoriff, will have a read of the link. Would I need to unlock my phone? I've heard that phrase but not sure what it means.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Unlocking help Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122375 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gw84 

Depends how long you have had the phone?

From earlier this year all O2 phones were sold unlocked.

However as yours probably isn't , it would need unlocking to take another network sim.

Info here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gw84  If you decide to pay off your contract, you can switch to any other provider and you can take your number with you. You wouldn't need to get an O2 Pay & Go sim.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-July-2019-Update/ba-p/1052278

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6