Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting loose faith in a brand I have been with for many years

Rick_888
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the current iPhone for just under two years on contract and with O2 Insurance. 

Very happy customer good deal and given a free screen replacment as part of the deal. .....Iphone space grey 256gb.... 

Imagine my dismay when I dropped the phone smashing the screen trying to catch my son falling off his bike which resulted in a night at a&e.

Its ok I thought as I have free screen replacement and after a quick phone call to O2 a replacement phone was on route.

The operator told me a a replacement silver phone was dispatched and th next day it arrived. Only to find a silver is not the same as a grey which I now understand. 

The replacement phone failed to charge and another had to be dispatched. After assurances from o2 insurance a space grey phone would be dispatched however I would need to wait for space grey one to come into stock. Another silver phone came as a replacement. I have now spent around 5 hours on the phone to o2 insurance, multiple days spent waiting for delivery’s. O2 insurance have been very poor making promises that they have not kept. I’m still without a working device. 

A silver devices looks nothing like the space grey. The devices isn’t what I bought and isn’t a like for like replacement which was explained when signing up for the policy.  

On asking to speak to a member of customer services to complain told that they are not available so I would need to recall. They also state they will not recall as they are too busy.

bad customer service and bad insurance policy.

extreamly disappointed and with my renewal due soon i won’t be continuing as a o2 customer. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rick_888 

I'll tag in one of the Community Managers to see if they can help @Marjo  @Martin-O2 

Message 2 of 3

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for tagging us @Anonymous thumbsup

Hi @Rick_888 and welcome to our community. Sorry to hear about the frustrations you've had with this. And sorry to hear about the broken screen too. 😞  I hope you son is doing better from his fall!

I'm happy to check on my end what the options would be and to see if I can get someone to help you more with this. I'll need some additional details though so I'll drop you a private message here on the forum shortly!

Message 3 of 3