cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony W705 wifi problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I bought this new phone 2 weeks ago and have been using the wifi application for just over a week until it stopped working.Just starts searching and never finds the wifi.Anyone had this problem or knows how to sort it please?
Cheers,
Andy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, my wifi is still working and i've had it for a month now.

Have you tried checking your router etc?

Sorry i couldnt help any further, just dont know what it could be. 😕
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for the help.
Just had a reply from O2 and they said i didnt have a wi-fi bolt on!
I thought i'd be able to use the wi-fi in my home and public hotspots for no extra.
Never had wi-fi before so seems i was wrong 😞
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a reply from O2 and they said i didnt have a wi-fi bolt on!
I thought i'd be able to use the wi-fi in my home and public hotspots for no extra.
Never had wi-fi before so seems i was wrong 😞

No you're not wrong, don't let sneaky o2 get you to pay for something you don't need.

This has been discussed many times on these boards. You can connect to your own wi-fi and other free networks for free. Wi-fi bolt-on is only really for using the Cloud network which o2 have signed up with.

If in doubt, put your phone in flight mode before you use wi-fi then there can't be a GPRS / HSDPA connection.

As for not being able to connect have you made sure you've not accidentally switched wi-fi off on your phone? If that's OK I think you need to look at you router. If you're using security on it (which you should be of course) then maybe that needs setting up again.

SV
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, that 's a setting problem, just make a right setting.

---------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5