Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 4g speeds

Richigarth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm connected to 4g (LTE) and only getting 11mb download speed kinda 3g speeds? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

That's about average for O2 @Richigarth 

You won't get EE kind of speeds with O2.

Ironically, 3g can be faster if the mast you're on is busy or if O2 are deploying traffic management.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Richigarth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply, this seems quite poor tbh, there was no mention of speed caps, I have the 4g\5g tariff plus I can actually see the o2 cell phone tower from my kitchen window I do have 14 days to renege on my new contact so all is not lost, again, thanks for your swift response.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Buried in the T&C's @Richigarth 

4. The Services and Equipment we supply and what you can expect of us - Our Services aren't available everywhere in our Europe Zone. You should check predicted Network coverage in your area on our Website. The Services are not fault free, and features like speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness and material of the walls of the building you're in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the Network and the number of people near you trying to access the Services at the same time. We will manage the Network in various ways. We use reasonable skill and care in providing you with the Services and will attempt to re-perform disrupted Services when possible. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement.

2.2 The Service isn't fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness or material of the walls of the building you're in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We will attempt to re-perform disrupted Services when possible. We may direct and manage traffic on our Network as is required to deliver this quality of service...........

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4