cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Confirm MVNO on o2 Platform

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sky have confirmed plans to launch an MVNO on the o2 network.

For o2 already struggling with capacity this could place more pressure on the network to the detriment of users.

http://news.sky.com/story/1417269/sky-to-enter-mobile-market-in-o2-partnership
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

please can I ask a no doubt dim question here?

when I joined the O2community, just over a year ago, there was something big going on ..... the town shop was closed for 3 weeks ..... & att, using my own words as I remember it ..... = ..... O2 & Sky were techie buddies in something - I may have had my mobile & broadband with O2 ..... then Sky broke away & I had my broadband with Sky ..... I really am not great at sorting out what's best/cheapest for me in tech things particularly when then have some sort of a link

I am tied to Sky tv for 2 years & O2 for about 18months 

I am of the opinion that a bundle option would suit my head to the detriment of my wallet!

needless to say I don't know what is an MVNO is, it is not in my thread IT definitions = I will Wiki it, so's not to bother people

Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I've had a Three account for a number of years (originally when they were really rubbish but at least they had 3g when many others didn't) and I've seen them change over the years to what is now a very good network. They will also bend over backwards to retain customers by offering virtually the world if you push them far enough.
I think you'd be surprised if you tried them out now.....

MI5

I left o2 in November and joined Three, on the 11th December my phone and data service went down, roll forward to 21st Jan and the service was still down, they even stopped sending me messages ( that I couldnt retrieve unless on wifi ) every 7 days telling me they were working on it, had excuses about having no access to the mast ( I live at the foot of the hill the mast is on ) through to it being a major incident and even it being my phone. Their Indian support was atrocious and I am still trying to get my money back that I funded into the account. While I was embroiled in trying to sort that out I started reading forums and even their Facebook page which is littered with complaints about poor service but more importantly a large number of people saying service down for extended periods.
Even went and bought an EE sim only to find out they share service with Three and had the same outage on the mast.

So yes I was surprised when I tried them just not in a good way.

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27690 Solutions
We can only speak from our own experiences mate.
Personally I am pleased with what they give me but I don't expect everyone to be the same......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23