Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap iPhone 12 to Galaxy Flip Z

cjayb363
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was told by an o2 advisor when I upgraded that the Galaxy Flip Z would accept the sim from my current phone (iPhone 12), I’ve just attempted to swap it over and it doesn’t fit?

Will I have to go into store to fix this or is there another way around it? 
thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38575 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

Most SIM cards are Multi-Format, just push out the nano centre from the plastic surround. If your SIM is too old and does not separate, you have no choice but to go into an O2 Shop and ask them to swap your old SIM for a newer one that fits your new phone - it is a free service, but do take valid photo id with you, and make some test calls to and from the phone and test data before you leave the store. They will move your old number over for you too.

It does appear the iPhone 12 does use a nano SIM, same as the Flip, so not sure why you cannot remove SIM tray and simply move the SIM from old to new, @cjayb363.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Both phones take a nano sim @cjayb363 

Make sure you align the cut corner and the depression in the sim tray.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

cjayb363
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both for your replies. 
I’ve just tried again and still unsuccessful.

the iPhone sim holder seems to have an indent where it fits the SIM card, the flip sim tray just doesn’t seem to fit the SIM card (I’ve attached photo but realise it’s hard to see in photos).

thank you 

01e0740e-6ec2-4cac-b624-2db4c95923f8.jpeg

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@cjayb363 

In the bottom photo, the indent is top left.

The sim should fit with the contacts facing down.

That sim tray does look weird though

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Samsung help page here @cjayb363 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-insert-a-usim-card-into-the-galaxy-z-flip5-...

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 94116 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

cjayb363
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie @MI5 @pgn  for your help

it took a few tries but finally worked, the sim tray seemed really flimsy so was apprehensive incase I broke it 😆

Appreciate your replies 

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 94116 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions