cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Booster for Personal Use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm sure this has been discussed many times so I apologise in advance.  O2 dont offer signal boosters to personal users yet their quality of coversage decreases in our area.

Anyone got recent experience of purchasing a signal booster please?  Quality, Price, where from etc?

Thank you in advance

L Thomas

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone got recent experience of purchasing a signal booster please?  Quality, Price, where from etc?

You cannot buy these for use in the UK except from O2 who only sell them to business users.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

If you mean a Femtocel booster which runs through your  LAN router, then download TuGo which is a software solution for an old problem. Providing you have a Wi-Fi signal obviously.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 2 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You cannot buy these for use in the UK except from O2 who only sell them to business users.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149344 Posts
  • 704 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Illegal to use in UK so don't buy any off ebay or amazon etc unless you want jail time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks both

The Tugo App doesnt seem to get great write ups and suggestinos of problems with iphone so is it worth it?

Probably have to wait for their alleged upgrades to the network !!

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok thanks both

The Tugo App doesnt seem to get great write ups and suggestinos of problems with iphone so is it worth it?

Worth it, well it is free! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL true but Free can be jsut as frustrating as Paid !!!

We'll give it a go.

Thanks for your help all

Message 7 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I use TuGo all the time on iPhone and 99% it works fine.

Odd occasion had to redial, but works great for me.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I believe that TuGo has just had an update, I'd suggest give it a try, you have nothing to lose. From personal experience and that of others have heard its been a great help. Plus, if you have WiFi connection overseas you can also use it abroad!

Message 9 of 9