Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shiny new 4G mast - but no data connection ever since :(

WendyMiller
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Imagine my delight when I saw that a new 4G mast was going up just down my road! Reliable fast data connection coming my way. This was two or more weeks ago and ever since I can't get a data connection at all and my phone reception is ropey or non-existant. However the Service Status for O2 says everything is fine. Didn't get any help at all yesterday from the Live Help. Where do I go from here?

If I walk down the road until I'm far enough to connect to the next cell all is fine, but I don't fancy moving house!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Download the MYNETWORK app and report your masts to inform O2.
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Download the MYNETWORK app and report your masts to inform O2.
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It can take more than a couple of weeks to fully install a brand new mast and get it functioning correctly.
There will always be some disruption whilst work is ongoing so just hang on in there until it's done and then reap the rewards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

WendyMiller
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I have just got past thinking it might be part of the installation process. It would help greatly if I could put my postcode into the Live Status site and it tell me something like - "We're installing a new mast for you to improve your service. Please bear with us, but your new service should be up and running by 15th Jan" or along those lines. Instead it just tells me that it's all working fine. 

Message 4 of 7

WendyMiller
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'll do that when I get home tonight.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would think yes the service status would say that , I agree. That's why I suggested reporting the mast ,as occasionally they do ring you to discuss your report.

You can also ask customers services to keep you informed on how a mast problem is coming along via them sending you emails or texts.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
The status page does now say this:
"Keeping our customers connected is our priority and we always plan to do our upgrade or maintenance work as quickly and as impact-free as possible. Sometimes we might affect your signal unavoidably and if we do that we’re sorry."
You can also contact CS on 202 and be asked to be kept up to date about issues in your area now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7