cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending TXT messages from 02.co.uk - I am appalled and disgusted

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a number of text messages from 02.co.uk so that I could use my 02 account to send text messages. I bought a large bundle because I have a low income and I wanted to buy at the lowest price possible. I still have 135 text messages left in my bundle and now I get a message on 02.co.uk telling me that I will lose these messages on the 1st of November regardless of what I do (unless I use them all before then).

I am appalled and disgusted that 02 think that it is appropriate to encourage people to buy these large bundles of service in order to get a more reasonable price and then they remove the service with no compensation (not even my money back), no viable alternative and no coherent explanation.

This is a clear case of a large corporate having no concern for the little guy. I bet if I was a big business user I would not have been treated this way.

02 know full well that I cannot afford to legally chase them for this money, a small amount to them and a large amount to me. I hope the 02 shareholders choke on the money that they are stealing from me and other people who are working hard to get what they need in life.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Calm down and think about this, it's very easy to raise a complaint and if you're not happy you can refer it to the Ombudman, all free of charge:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

They are not thieves though and your post could be seen as libellous.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Perksie

I have raised a complaint and I have been pushed from pillar to post. It seems that referring it to the ombudsman is the only option.

Material must be false or unjustified before it can be considered libelous.

If you consider the selling of a service without delivering not to be theft then be careful, otherwise lots of people will take advantage of this and sell you services which they never deliver.

Many thanks

Message 3 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

What were the terms of the package you bought? Did the bundle of texts have a time limit on it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Perksie

I have raised a complaint and I have been pushed from pillar to post. It seems that referring it to the ombudsman is the only option.

Material must be false or unjustified before it can be considered libelous.

If you consider the selling of a service without delivering not to be theft then be careful, otherwise lots of people will take advantage of this and sell you services which they never deliver.

You didn't tell us you had made a formal complaint and no I don't get taken advantage of by anybody.

Let us know what the Ombudsman decides as your original post didn't show that you understood how the complaint procedure works.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Out of interest, how much did the bundle cost?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I am of the opinion that if something purchased from O2 with an expiry date then O2 should refund the money if they end the service before that expiry date. To me it is no different to you ending your contract before the minimum term date, you are expected to pay up.

This is another form of contract.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Agree completely, if not expired any remaining credit should be refunded. O2 don't usually have any problem with this process and any advisor could credit your account accordingly.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Agree completely, if not expired any remaining credit should be refunded. O2 don't usually have any problem with this process and any advisor could credit your account accordingly.....

...hence the need to actually speak to customer service.

Message 9 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

I don't think the OP has made it clear as to whether the service is being withdrawn before the expiry date or if they had agreed to use the number of texts they bought by November 1 and just haven't used them all. If they had bought a large number of texts to be used within a certain amount of time and haven't used them all, why should they be entitled to a refund?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 16