Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS taking ages to send

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Having issues with SMS messages taking a really long time to send, they just sit on sending in Android messages (I have tried different apps with same result) but any sent to me come through instantly. This has started happening last couple of days was fine before that, I went on to the service status page, where it says there are no issues, and reported it as an issue yesterday, I got an email saying they would investigate but currently still says no issues. I don't get it as when people send to me, I get them instantly.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, please do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Kuribo hope you're having a good week so far. slight_smile Did you manage to make any progress with the SMS issue since the 24th?

Message 12 of 17

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I got frustrated with the battery life on the pixel 3, it was draining so fast, needing multiple charges per day so I changed to the new pixel 5, came today, so far so good with messages going through perfectly and quickly! And the battery is leagues better!
Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good news
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Kuribo wrote:
I got frustrated with the battery life on the pixel 3, it was draining so fast, needing multiple charges per day so I changed to the new pixel 5, came today, so far so good with messages going through perfectly and quickly! And the battery is leagues better!

Sounds a great idea @Kuribo . A new phone. Good for you thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Mexican Wave

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Kuribo wrote:

Enjoy your new phone @Kuribo slight_smile

Message 17 of 17