Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS taking ages to send

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Having issues with SMS messages taking a really long time to send, they just sit on sending in Android messages (I have tried different apps with same result) but any sent to me come through instantly. This has started happening last couple of days was fine before that, I went on to the service status page, where it says there are no issues, and reported it as an issue yesterday, I got an email saying they would investigate but currently still says no issues. I don't get it as when people send to me, I get them instantly.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kuribo 

Try these tips here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you, just tried all but still the same.
Message 3 of 17

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I don't know if this is relevant but my smsc is the correct number but it's in quotes and with ,145 at the end, if I try and change it to just the number and press update it says update error and pressing refresh brings it back to the one in quotes with the comma and 145 at the end. Using pixel 3 on Android 11.

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kuribo 

We've always been told that it should be exactly formatted as shown:

Pay & Go message centre number is +447802092035
Pay Monthly  message centre number is +447802000332

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It won't let.me.update it. I don't know how else to view/update on a pixel as it's not in message settings, I have to use *#*#4636#*#* on the dialler, then if I enter the number and press update it says update error and if I press refresh it comes up with "+447802000332",145 I mean they do send, and they are received by the person next to me in a test, but they take ages and ages and just hang on sending...
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kuribo 

Have you tried removing the sim for 5 mins

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks, just tried it, no joy. I'm at a loss, I would have thought if it was a handset fault they wouldn't send at all not just be delayed?!
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

More likely a network issue that's not been updated on the website yet @Kuribo but you could try getting a new sim from any O2 shop, they are free.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks yeah I will pop in the store tomorrow. Thanks for your help, if I manage to get it resolved/find out what it is I will post.
Message 10 of 17