Did you mean: 

SIgnal Strength

wobblewoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.

I am having some voice call issues on my phone (Pixel 7 pro) and i could do with some help understanding the signal strength if anyone could help please?
It says it's' '-102 dBm 38 asu on a GSM Voice network'

My understanding of dBm (decibel milliwatts) is that -102 is weak

Is it weak?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147092 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@wobblewoo 

Cell phone signal strength is measured in decibels (dBm). Signal strengths can range from approximately -30 dBm to -110 dBm. The closer that number is to 0, the stronger the cell signal. In general, anything better than -85 decibels is considered a usable signal.

https://www.accu-tech.com/accu-insider/what-is-a-good-cell-phone-signal-strength#:~:text=Cell%20phon....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

wobblewoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That means i have a weak signal then doesn't it? 

It's now saying -114 dBm 26 asu

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147092 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

Yes, very weak

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4