Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not delivered

NewCustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had placed an order for SIM only monthly contract on 5th august '23, the online status till yesterday (11th Aug) indicated "on its way", today the status says "complete" and yet here i am with no SIM delivered.

I called O2- went through 5 different agents (42 minutes), and the final one placed me on hold once I had mentioned that I would like to raise a formal complaint before disappearing me after putting me on hold and after some time i got "bumped" and the message said "you've been disconneted from the conference"!

Absolutely ludicrous! I am simply going to stop the direct debit set up on 5th and let whoever deal with it at O2's end!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149124 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@NewCustomer 

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

NewCustomer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

0800 081 0255 ...thats the number i had called!and no i'm not expecting any discussion here to translate into a solution!!!

even if i was desperate to join O2 (which incidentally i'm not slight_smile )really don't have the patience or the will to subject myself to that experience anymore slight_smile

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11520 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@NewCustomer 

Royal Mail can take between 1 and 7 working days to deliver your sim card, so if ordered on the 5th, then you should expect the sim card around the 15th August at the latest, this is down to purely how Royal Mail work, and before they will accept the consignment as lost and o2 can report it lost.

d
And just so you know canceling the direct debit and "leaving it for whoever at o2" will only hurt you and your credit file... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 7

NewCustomer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your insights! My issue is that the order status is now declared as "complete" if this has to ping-pong between O2 and Royal Mail, its for them to chase!...btw the tracking number O2 had provided unfortunately tracks "nothing"...Royal mail don't recognise it, Parcel Force don't recognise it...so there's no way to ascertain who is "fibbing" 😞 ... and honestly i care "two hoots" about my credit rating now...and will be more than happy to pay the Information commissioner £10 (which is what it used to be) as fee to have a copy of the call which i made- which each of the O2 customer care representatives mentioned was being recorded slight_smile slight_smile slight_smile ...guess what for ---"training" slight_smile ...i suppose i must be the first customer undergoing this predicament...if not surely they would have listened to similar recorded and at least one of the 5 individuals i was banging my head against would have been "trained"!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149124 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@NewCustomer 

It's one of those "tracking" numbers that only activates once the item is delivered, so it's essentially useless.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

NewCustomer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 ! exactly my point slight_smile ...to top it all i had to pass through "security verification" for each of the O2 "fully trained" customer services executive  ... while i understand, and appreciate the security precautions, despite me requesting to ensure that the new advisor should be briefed and made aware of me having cleared security i was simply "dumped" from "handler" to another ... not trying to be disrespectful ...but in all honesty nobody cares about anything anymore...no ownership, no professionalism, no drive to complete a task ...and you can add a few more to the list...no wonder everything is going down the drain :(!!! 

Message 7 of 7